Wednesday, September 21, 2011

U-God's Resume #14: "It's Yourz"


--Official Stats--
Artist: Wu-Tang Clan
Song: "It's Yourz"
Album: Wu-Tang Forever
Release Date: June 3, 1997

Ah! My favorite shit off of disk one! The beat and everything are fine but the verses laid here are incredible. If I were an attorney in court and I had to defend someone and the Wu was my expert witnesses I would probably cite this song at some point. Objection? Overruled.

"From the Double Platinum Album"

"It's Yourz"

This is a track where I just want to quote the whole song and then study the wordplay at my community college for a course on something.

Raekwon starts things off and sounds energized and spits illllllllll. U-God comes in second and kills it as well (check the verse below). But then the song somehow rises above a normal good track and becomes legendary as the RZA comes in and demonstrates why he is the leader of the Clan, his verse is ridiculous. He is followed by Deck who drops the one of the illest verses ever spit. Yeah, I said that. Here it is:

It's only natural, actual facts are thrown at you
The impact'll blow trees back and crack statues
Million dollar rap crews fold, check the sick shit
explicit, I crystallize the rhyme so you can sniff it
We live this, fitted hats low conceal the Crooked I
No surprise, verbal stick up -- put em high
Rebel I, outlaw, split second on the draw
Blow the door off this shit, like bricks of C-4


WHOA! Hip hop Quotable! Ghost wraps things up, but honestly who could follow RZA and Deck here? Nobody. This song is doope. Here is U-God's verse:

Yo, super freak physique. like Raphael Saadiq
Baby love the ganja leaf, everyday of the week
Super friends wake up, deluxe gourmet beats
The night is right, I might find me a suite
It's a quarter full moon, now I ride with my swoon
Well groomed, dance hall packed, full room
Lady move, peep my glide, peep my zoom
Keep in stride, smoke the lah smoke the boom
Feel the fumes, consume toxic tunes
Hell bound, species forty ounce typhoon
The ultra-violet scream machine move your body touch
The totem pole wobble Ark builders God rush
Beams of light, stop ya breathin -- it's huntin season
Honey eye-ballin down for no reason
Grab her close, play post, wind and wax floors
Never mind the laws, cause tonight


Track Score: 10/10
U-God’s Score: 10/10
Impact on Rep (+,-,=): Improves

Next Week: We flip the disc on "Wu-Tang Forever" and check out Baby U on Triumph


 ultra-violet scream machine

About this series: “U-God’s Resume" is a series of posts which looks at each line of U-God’s entire career to determine if his status as ‘wack’ is justified (as labeled by internet morons). I think it is not. U-God is dope. We'll prove it. Leave it to the Tort Team.

DOT MATRIX STYLE SON

No comments:

Post a Comment