Is that a tumpet? Is it a french horn? I don't know! I like it though. Let's check the WHOSAMPLED.COM archives:
Everyone does a good job, no doubt, but Jay Electronica does the best job (besides Hi-Tek). Talib hits hard as usual, and I feel like I'm hearing good lyrics, and I'm not bored, but I'm also not jumping off of my chair and punching my little brother from getting hyped. It's a good verse, but I can take it or leave it, so NORMAL TALIB SHIT. Next is Jay Electronica, who brings his laid back game to match this beat, and it's a hit (baseball).
N----s say they sick, but when they rock they don't sneeze
Like the n---a on the block waving his Glock but won't squeeze
- You're not "heading up the ladder"
- You don't "got a girl"
- "Janet" could "Handle It"
- You will never "take control"
- You're not "coming" with anything, especially "the hustle"
- No liquor in anything, you're not "up in" anything.
- You're not "killing" anything for seconds, much less "days"
- No heads are "amazed" at the "style" you "kick"
- Who is feeling this on the street? Nobody.
- There is no crowd cheering anywhere for you.
- No other rappers are being put to shame by this. Only hip hop fans are ashamed by this.
- Whatever this sucks...
JUST BEGUN SCORE 9/10
EVERY OTHER SONG ON THIS PAGE 0/10