Wednesday, February 15, 2012

U-God's Resume #33, "Dat's Gangsta"




--Official Stats--
Artist: U-God
Song: 4. "Dat's Gangsta"

Producer: True Master
Album: Golden Arms Redemption
Release Date: October 5, 1999

Well.......

I guess we should get to it.

So, U-God. What's Gangsta?


4. "Dat's Gangsta"



This looks like an official video from BET with an exercise theme! Cool? Did I see Mos Def toward the end? A football game at "Wu-Tang Stadium"? With the "Coyotes" as the home team? Weird. I can't say that I approve of any of this, but I can say that at least they didn't "do" U-God like they did in the Triumph video. That was embarassing.  Okay, so we have U-God standing around an outdoor gym while a bunch of people lift weights. Blurry items are transferred "hand-to-hand" style and in secret. Then the police show up and arrest Baby U! Next thing we know, U-God is rapping on the prision bus, then we have a prision football game with U-God rapping on top of something tall (the prision bus, duh). What a video. VMA's here we (U-God) come.

So with a video that expensive it's clear that this was going to be a single. It has to be so good that it'll sell the record. Well, it's really bad. What's gangsta? Either "Rock" or "Rock[ing] on". Yeah. I'll be the first to admit that I have no idea what is gangsta and what isn't. But I strongly suspect that this isn't. It's barely tolerable. Thanks to the beat and the chorus and the lyrics. It's just a lot of bad and I give it the score of "0", dat's gangsta (or not, I don't know). I'm not even going to post the lyrics. It's safe to say that they suck.

One more thing. Take a look at the final score of the football game shown in the video


This game is definately taking place at "Wu-Tang Stadium" making the "Coyotes" the home team representing Wu-Tang. So the visiting team beats Wu-Tang in their own video. WHAT! Sure, there is enough time for Wu-Tang to come back according to that picture, but get real. The Wu lost in the video and with the video. ROCK ON!

Track Score: 0/10
U-God’s Score: 0/10
Impact on Rep (+,-,=): Harms

Next Week: "Golden Arms Redemption" continues with "Soul Dazzle". Sounds fun.

About this series: U-God’s Resume is a series of posts which looks at each line of U-God’s entire career to determine if his status as ‘wack’ is justified (as labeled by internet morons). I think it is not. U-God is dope. We'll prove it. Leave it to the Tort Team.



Lyrics (I guess):

[U-God]
Brand new magnetic Killah Hill scorches
Monster talk bosses, spank 'em, step into my office
Crunch time steroid big boy itches
Eyes that lay for blood money riches
Switches thug men gunmen dirty lung sticker
Arch-crime Hitler, lurking with the lifter
Shift the man vs. man heavy on the hands
Chef in the kitchen cooking love love..slam!
Blow out the stash; keep the bundle in the bush and the trash
D-up, burn brother for the real..fast
Terrible lung split frame for reala
One-man go low hit man guerilla
Whispering there something of a thriller, killer
Drift, dirty fiend snore, scratch and sniff
Dirty tombs diggin' you and my duty
Rudy, mighty rap now toss another beauty
Truly yours Golden Arms New York native
Talk, shankin' my mouth now gangsta walk

[Chorus: U-God]
(effect)..Rock! Dat's Gangsta..What?
Dat's Gangsta
(effect) Rock! Rock on Dat's Gangsta..what?!

[U-God]
When I pump pump you'll prepare for a lump
Magnificent funk plus it's wild on the dump
Suckers can't fuck with the rhymes I conduct
I fuck this mic like some big Mike slut
Put your big shoes on now walk your struts
Thought your last rugged cuts was rough enough? Right?
Snuff you buck you stuck in the guts
Untenable thrust plus that hammerhead busts
Once I splash acapella wind shaft
This sick wild behavior can't shield from the BLAAST!
Thrash mash the pedal now dash
Outta town slangin' two bricks in my stash
Sound cage of rage livin'that status
That murderous thirst that's reign of the baddest
You heard it here first one verse then you're caught
Everybody jumpin' out gangsta walk rock
[Chorus : U-God]

[ U-God]
Raw, cold winds energize rebels
All our doors swingin' killing floor level
Explode code of silence my violence you respect
Liver than flesh that this mic head the best
Veteran chest never say die never say rest
The hang time derange in this rap game divine
Now change of the range bang with gansta our line
Bust the falcon mic mountain men you know the outcome
Define we pro dynamo I'm still scalpin'
The body countin' rhyme drop put it on kill now
Toil your girl in your Cadillac Seville chill
Golden arch stolen heart no I'm robbin' fed
Baddest women in the bed nigga mobbin'

[Chorus: U-God]


No comments:

Post a Comment