Wednesday, February 22, 2012

U-God's Resume #34, "Soul Dazzle"




--Official Stats--
Artist: U-God
Song: 5. "Soul Dazzle"

Producer: Homocide
Album: Golden Arms Redemption
Release Date: October 5, 1999

We've come to the fifth song on this already terrible album and I'm wondering how this could it be any worse than "Dat's Gangsta".

Oh, I'm sure there's a way...

3. "Soul Dazzle"

Okay! That wasn't bad. What? Now allow me to add a ton of "except for"s to that statement. If I were listening to this album straight through I'm sure I would be so irritated by this point that a song like this would fall somewhere between skip and ignore. It's kind of understated and it's odd format is very off putting, especially when you add in Baby U's odd flow and rhymes that don't really rhyme. It's weird. But listening to it by itself I didn't mind it at all. The beat is just good, and U fills it in well. But as usual, he doesn't say anything. And this is another awful chorus, everybody sing along:

Soul! Soul! Need a taste?
Mind right...head in the right place.
Do what it do.
Like you suppose to be.
Now, give up your chair before your game's on me.
Now, bounce, can you dig it...on the real side?
Stay in the showcase, be satisfied.
Now, meet me at the big house, that I tear down.
Let everybody know, that everybody know,
I made you squeeze, done hit your sound.
Now, bounce, get up and do, niggas, what you can.
Everybody do, ladies, what you can.
Right, twenty-eight phisique.
Game don't mean nothing me.
You can't run, hide, the game's on me
Right, can you dig it?


Yeh, that whole thing was the chorus. WWWTTTFFFF???? That's like half the song. Get a chorus coach. Also get a song title coach, those stink too.

I'll never listen to this again, but at least it didn't pain me to listen to this time. Word up magazine.

Track Score: 4/10
U-God’s Score: 4/10
Impact on Rep (+,-,=): None

Next Week: U-God's strikes back with track 6: "Bizarre". That'll probably teach me.

About this series: U-God’s Resume is a series of posts which looks at each line of U-God’s entire career to determine if his status as ‘wack’ is justified (as labeled by internet morons). I think it is not. U-God is dope. We'll prove it. Leave it to the Tort Team.


Lyrics:

On the map, head to toe
intact on the track
big hat's on the go
let them hoe's know we on the stro'
we on the track
the shit we started, we comin' back
in the market of rap
welcome that hard target

superbowl ring, sun of soul king
roll the red carpet
out the cockpit
sharks gettin garments
come out the closet "ROCKS!"
my pocket's don't understand lean
riches I invent,
this is it
Hollywood handprint
written in cement

bottom bench, get that mid
get that money, not the honey, rent
me the bee, that's more lethal
ya too foxy ass
get that cash
sparrows get flower eagles

(Chorus, see above)

It's just the vocab, get the gab
like the river they call me
rhymin, money on the wood
go good right before I just sixty-nine 'em

trick ass bitch, look at diamonds
put her arm in perfect timin'
sweet signs of sin
steady climbin
always press food on the table
on the move
have flourished
ever since I improved my stable

every move is fatal
I'm step gon' survive
no jive talkin
 G
if see, the she gonna bring it back to me
if it's alright with you it's alright with me
we could do like men how you want it to be
that shiny shape that blind mixtape is like pineapple grape
no time to escape
pimps slap your face
on the hole is soul in the hole
roll, blow

(Chorus)

No comments:

Post a Comment