Wednesday, April 4, 2012

U-God's Resume #40, "Lay Down"




--Official Stats--
Artist: U-God
Song: 11. "Lay Down"

Producer: John the Baptist
Album: Golden Arms Redemption
Release Date: October 5, 1999

Rach! This post is actually two things. First of all I died. This is the story of that. It is also the review of the hit* song by U-God called "Lay Down"! I know that you can't wait to get to the review, but you also can't wait to get to that death thing. So, what to do first? How about we do them both at once! WHATEVER.
*Maybe not a "hit" in the traditional sense or in any sense.


Uh, but first, what are my expectations for this track? I don't know. I hope it will be the best, but I'm expecting not to like it (based on the rest of this album).

11. "Lay Down"


Eh. That's not pleasing to my ears. Mainly the beat, and the chorus. Let's talk about the chorus: it's just U saying "lay down...LAY DOWN!", that's not that good. Lazy? And the beat: if I had to describe a generic Wu beat, this would be it. Below average and unimaginative. What a mess. LAY DOWN, SPRAY SOUNDS.


Oh, and the death thing? I'm bored to death with this album and these reviews. That's why they're getting so short. Honestly my first U-God reviews were really long, but I don't have the patience for this crap anymore. I just want to get it over with and go Loady in Japan*. This album is a disaster, I feel bad for U: he caught the front end of the WuQuality downhill slide. He caught it hard.
*I don't want to do that, but it's probably better than this.


Track Score: 1/10
U-God’s Score: 1/10
Impact on Rep (+,-,=): Harms

Next Week: It be U-God's solo track #12: "Hungry". Big deal.

About this series: U-God’s Resume is a series of posts which looks at each line of U-God’s entire career to determine if his status as ‘wack’ is justified (as labeled by internet morons). I think it is not. U-God is dope. We'll prove it. Leave it to the Tort Team.


No comments:

Post a Comment