Wednesday, April 11, 2012

U-God's Resume #41, "Hungry"




--Official Stats--
Artist: U-God
Song: 12. "Hungry"

Producer: Omonte "O" Ward
Album: Golden Arms Redemption
Release Date: October 5, 1999

Tort Team is chillin. U-God is chillin. What more can I say? Top billin'. That's what we get, got it good, and since you understood, would you...clap your hands, your hands you clap / If your girl's out of place it's your girl I slap. And if you're dumb, you'll ask why. I am from that Do-or-Die. #AUDIOTWO #CLASSIC

YO! YO! YOOO! BUUU-BAAAAA (Trumpets)! Welcome everyone to another classic Tort Team review! Yet another timeless entry into the U-God's resume series. Today we are looking at the song Hungry, which is a song that I've definitely heard but I don't remember at all!

Since we've been going through U-God's entire first album I can honestly say that I'm tired. Not sleepy, but worn out. This album is really not for me. It's not my taste. Reviewing it is like a marathon. That's why I started this post out with some Audio Two, to pump myself up, to get that second wind. But now that I see this song ahead of me and it's coming into focus I'm starting to lose it already. It's five minutes long, I'm not seeing any guests, and it's produced by Omonte "O" Ward. It's looking like a rough patch. It might be uphill for a bit here. Also, who is Omonte "O" Ward? Well, he produced this song and a song called Middle Finger U for Sauce Money. Things aren't looking good, but we'll let the track speak for itself... 

12. "Hungry"



El Wacko Supremo. "I ain't havin' that!" - Redman. Two minutes of singing over a muddy beat? No thanks. But wait...U spitting over the beat actually sounds pretty good. Not great though, and I don't like the beat at all. I think this was supposed to be a "ride out" song. Which is what I call a long laid-back song at the end of an album that you can just daze out to as you, uh, daze out and the song makes the dazing better (see the last half of Ghost's excellent "Ironman" for an example). Well, this doesn't do that because the singing is awful and too much, the verse was okay, but I'm still never going to listen to this again. WHY IS THIS SO HARD?

--Lyrics (Click HERE!) --

Track Score: 1/10
U-God’s Score: 0/10
Impact on Rep (+,-,=): Harms

Next Week: Only a few tracks left on U-God's first solo album and we move on to track 13: "Turbo Charge". Deal with it.

About this series: U-God’s Resume is a series of posts which looks at each line of U-God’s entire career to determine if his status as ‘wack’ is justified (as labeled by internet morons). I think it is not. U-God is dope. We'll prove it. Leave it to the Tort Team.


No comments:

Post a Comment