Sunday, September 4, 2011

We Got Something New: N.O.R.E. "Slime Father"


What? I mean WHAAT? N.O.R.E.?

I never thought that I would be posting anything like this. Seriously, it's like opposite day or something. While I am a huge fan of CNN (also known as Capone -N-  Noreaga) and especially "War Report", I liked it in spite of the lyrics. Frankly, Capone and Noreaga both suck at rap. They pull phonemnal production and they work with Tragedy (who is really out of their league lyrically) but they're lyrics are boring as hell. By the time N.O.R.E. came out (his first solo album) I was done with the whole CNN situation. "War Report 2" was pretty good, but it really didn't stick with me. I hope that if you went out and bought it that you liked it and it was your favorite album of all time, okay.


Then we have Slime Father. This track just came out of nowhere, it's a new NORE track and it's concrete. It's just brutal. I honestly never expected to like another Nore track for some reason. But here it is. I mean it has the same problem as all other CNN / NORE tracks in that his lyrics aren't very good, but the Alchemist's beat is bonkerz and the lyrics fit the beat.


N.O.R.E. featuring Cory Gunz - Slime Father by Hypetrak

Good right? Right.

P.S. I don't know about you but when I see the name "Nore" sometimes I think of "Nor'Easter" and I have no idea what that is (even after I read about it on Google). Weather something.

Slime Father Score: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment