Wednesday, November 30, 2011

U-God's Resume #23, Cappadonna "Supa Ninjaz"


--Official Stats--
Artist: Cappadonna featuring U-God and Method Man
Song: "Supa Ninjaz"
Album: The Pillage
Release Date: March 24, 1998


I bought "The Pillage" the day it dropped. I was very excited to hear some new Wu and was expecting something on the order of Ghostface's "Ironman". After all, Cappadonna contributed heavily to that project and he seemed to have a good head for rhymes and he killed most of his guest spots, so I never expected might be a miss. Plus he had that verse on Winter Warz. This album should have been a slam dunk. I can honestly say that this is one of the worst albums that I've wasted my money on. It's awful. I'll go ahead and blame the production (it is unbelieveably bad) as a major reason for the failure, but also Cappa tried to do it all by himself and didn't bother with many guest spots as he apparently needed, so he struggled to fill out his tracks. AND his choruses are beyond grating. But I'll leave that album review for another day, right now let's just focus on this track "Supa Ninjaz" because U-God is in it!

Based on the title and the roster I would say that it looks like it's going to be pretty good (I haven't heard it since it came out basically).

"Supa Ninjaz"




OMG (I never say that. You can see how off this song puts me). I wish you could see my face right now, I'm sure I look like I just saw an old lady get arrested for no good reason. Stunned and a little angry. Wide eyes. This song is TERRIBLE. What on God's green Earth is that beat? Yeah it's rugged but it also sounds amateur. Like what? WHAAAT? How did this get produced? Who is responsible for this? True Master? Seriously? Look, I love rugged music, the ruggeder the better I always say, but this is garbage.

U-god kicks it off, here are his words:

The all eye seein, heavenly divine
The truth brings out, the temper in my spine
A Hill sound again, feelin symptoms that bit me
I feel for you victims, with everything up in me (uh-huh)
A head ringa, stuffed in sidewalls of frenzy
Back the fuck up, cause I'm stimmi off the Remi
A semi bloodshot eye, donkey dick of nuts
Every cut, I split and try and felt the guts (what?)
Nigga what, earthquakin speech, woofer hissin
The razor faced victims, WHEW, that's what kissed em
Appropriate precaution, surroundin, certain it curtains
I'm dumbfounded, I'm poundin, the pavement
for mental enslavement, I'm cravin, a misbehavin savior
America the grave for gun wavers (what?)
The wave runners, what the blood seed again
Make you wonder, about the thunder underneath the skin (hmm)
The sapphire rhymes slap fire out your minds
with right timin, bite with vampire rhymes


Okay. He does the best that he can. I mean this beat is impossible (maybe it should have been the beat on the song "Impossible" that would have been something, a beat that is impossible to rhyme over and sound good) and he sounds good on it. Method Man is next and does okay as well, his voice isn't as well suited for this bad of a beat, but whatever. He does make a lot of really odd references (it was a phase) so there is that. Nobody could do anything to save this beat.


Then we have Cappadonna who fumbles every single line of his verse. His lyrics are the worst. And he put them over the worst beat. This song is the worst. Now, that's a review.

Track Score: 0/10
U-God’s Score: 1/10
Impact on Rep (+,-,=): Harms

Next Week: U-God guests on the Sunz of Man song "Intellectuals"! That should be great? The Sunz of Man album was a classic, so no worries, right?

About this series: U-God’s Resume" is a series of posts which looks at each line of U-God’s entire career to determine if his status as ‘wack’ is justified (as labeled by internet morons). I think it is not. U-God is dope. We'll prove it. Leave it to the Tort Team.




No comments:

Post a Comment