Wednesday, May 23, 2012

U-God's Resume #46, Methods of Mayhem "Mr. Onsomeothershits"





--Official Stats--Artist: Methods of Mayhem feat. U-God
Song: "Mr. Onsomeothershits"
Album: Methods of Mayhem
Release Date: December 7, 1999

"When I'm with you baby, I go out of my head! I just can't get enough. I just can't get enough" SWAG!
"All the things you do to me, and everything you said! I just can't get enough. I just can't get enough"
SWAG!

You might have noticed that I'm wasting time so that  I don't have to review this song. That's true, you're very observant! Congratulations. I'm also using the word "swag" to attract all the teens to this blog and get the revenue up. SWAG! We gotta meet payroll, son. Ka-plow, ya got paid IT department. Feed ya fam, kid.


"What does that have to do with this?" - you, impatiently.


Nothing. Look, I don't remember what Methods of Mayhem is (or was), but I think it had something to do with rock and roller Tommy Lee and rock and roll music (which I DO NOT like). I don't know. I think this is a crossover song AND I HATE THOSE MORE THAN MOST THINGS. Not to mention the name of the song is the worst. Nobody is named that, plus if you were truly "on some other shits" you wouldn't call yourself that, you'd just do it and shut up about it. You'd be gone. People who are on some other shits are always moving like a coyote and not bragging about it.


So, I don't think I've ever heard this song. I expect doom, depression, disaster, etc.. Let's CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!! SWAG!


"Mr. Onsomeothershits"



Wait! That's it! That's the whole track! So short. GREAT JOB. ALSO, WHAT THE HELL? THE BEST JOB. Teens: is that song in a video game too?



Here's the antiswag: Tommy Lee was involved. I know that guy's job is to make music, but I don't like to hear it. Ever. I could go all year and not hear anything by Tommy Lee and I'd still be very happy. But apparently that guy knows how to handle U-God.


Now for the pureswag: well, that term might be a little strong. The beat is pretty basic. In fact, that's about as basic as they come, which is a good thing. It allows U to do his thing perfectly. Since the beat is simple the quality of the entire track falls entirely on Baby U...And he does okay! Nothing stuck out as great, but if this verse came up in the roatation I wouldn't skip it! And I skip almost everything. I'll drive all the way home skipping songs. So, this is good! I can't believe it.


Sure, we didn't answer the big questions like why is U on here, what's up with that song title, or why does this song exist. But at least we heard something new from U and it wasn't bad! In fact it was the best U track I've heard in a long time. I guess this review wasn't such a pain after all! Maybe I need to adjust my attitude. No more swag pandering, how about peace in the middle east!

Track Score: 8/10
U-God’s Score: 8/10
Impact on Rep (+,-,=): Harms (Why in the hell is he on here? No hip hop head is gonna check for this even though it's decent.)


Next Week: U-God joins Ghostface Killah on Supreme Clintele for a little "Cherchez La Ghost". Real swag.

Oh, here are the lyrics, you love those:
The blade is much colder
slaughter house lava shit boiling
Point molten rocky mountain cocky
guitar string four star ninja claw to the jaw
of course you know the force
the War I bring cut sting
before I snub nose em
cement toes em to death
the core
scuff em some more then I hose em some more
the braveheart slay
whirlwind all in the all
I might trip, slip or stagger, yo but I wont fall
Iron body be my hobby, bendin you bastards
bio rhythm fly so now blowin' a gasket
shelltoe elbow slow gun hold pro
methods of mayhem mantis
bury your face in the canvas quick, THEN I VANISH.

About this series: U-God’s Resume is a series of posts which looks at each line of U-God’s entire career to determine if his status as ‘wack’ is justified (as labeled by internet morons). I think it is not. U-God is dope. We'll prove it. Leave it to the Tort Team.

LOL ON YOU IF YOU BOUGHT THIS



No comments:

Post a Comment