Wednesday, October 31, 2012

U-God's Resume #66, "Destiny"





--Official Stats--
Artists: The Hillside Scramblers
Song: "Destiny"
Producer: Leatha Face
Album: UGODZ-ILLA Presents The Hillside Scramblers
Release Date: March 16, 2004

U-God might not rap on this one, but his name is still on it. So let's review it, right? Why else would anyone listen to a song by Leatha Face and INF-Black (produced by Leatha Face)? I can't think of a reason. Maybe U is on here a little bit...maybe he shouts out a "YO!" to boost the chorus? Maybe he inserts a quiet "yo" after a dope line by Leatha Face (ROTFLOL! THAT'S NOT HAPPENING). Maybe he just coughs. Maybe he is just on this track in spirit, and we get to hear his contribution in the way that he has shaped these mere men into artists, using his Wu Tang Styles. Who knows. I don't. I've never heard this shit and I never will. Er, uh, I will right now:

"Destiny"




"Well that wasn't so bad"- your mom before she heard this track.

"I was wrong about that" - your mom after she heard the track.

What in the hell music is this? It's beyond terrible.

So we have a charmig awful chorus, which is sung...

"I gotta keeep it reeeaaaaaaaal...
it's my destiny..."

Hey GUY! "Keeping it real" is something you DO. Like walking. A "destiny" is a thing that will definitely happen in the future. So this chorus is like saying

"talk on the phone is definitely in my future"

Nice. I don't know, I'm no English teacher...so INF-Black might be right. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt. MAD CHARITABLE. The other thing about this chorus: it sounds BAD. And the "my life, my life, my life, my life" crap can take a hike.

The beat is trash, too. If you were going to buy this beat at the store, it would be at Big Lots, in the clearance bin, and it would just be an all white box with black letters.



Did people even spit game on here? Who cares? I think I heard U in the background at the end of the song complaining about how this track is "never gonna stop". It might be him. I don't know.

Track Score: 3/10
U-God’s Score: 0/10
Impact on Rep (+,-,=): None (nobody heard this)


Next Week: What's worse than a U-God track? A U-God track that he doesn't even show up for. Next week we have an INF-Black solo called "Stick Up". Tune in to find out what INF stands for, I'm sure it's normal and great.


About this series: “U-God’s Resume" is a series of posts which looks at each line of U-God’s entire career to determine if his status as ‘wack’ is justified (as labeled by internet morons). I think it is not. U-God is dope. We'll prove it. Leave it to the Tort Team.



No comments:

Post a Comment